Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
EPA Permanent Relocation Procedures for Superfund Sites
This is a two and one-half day training course on permanent relocation procedures and processes at EPA Superfund sites. This course is directed to a target audience of Superfund Remedial Project Managers, Community Involvement Coordinators, and representatives from the Office of Regional Counsel, and real estate experts with the United States Army, Corps of Engineers (USACE) who are currently or reasonably anticipate providing relocation support to the EPA. It provides a comprehensive overview of fundamental relocation procedures under the Uniform Act and 49 CFR Part 24.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles that govern provisions of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Act of 1970 (Uniform Act) and implementing regulations.
- Provide examples of your understanding of the factors involved in difficult relocation subject areas, such as mortgage interest differential payments, settlement costs, last resort housing, mobile homes, farms, and other non residential moving payments.
- Provide directly or assist others in providing advisory assistance in difficult cases.
- Determine directly or assist others in determining eligibility for certain relocation benefits in difficult cases.
- Provide examples of your understanding of complex, non residential moving costs.