ORC is providing a broad range of transit-related services on projects funded by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Our services include Program Management, Preconstruction planning, Acquisition, Relocation, Property Management and Cost Estimating. In addition to providing real estate services, ORC prepared the first FTA draft guidelines for project sponsors setting out standards for Property Acquisition, Relocation Assistance, and Property Management.
These materials are intended to provide guidance for new grantees and all agencies that are responsible for FTA projects, as well as a resource for Engineering firms engaged in Project Management Oversight for FTA. ORC provides real estate consulting to the FTA under a number of subconsultant agreements it has with engineering firms selected recently to provide Project Management Oversight on Federal Transit Major Capital Projects.
“To a Program Manager, working with O. R. Colan is a great comfort. You know you are getting professionalism, expertise and the best real estate services available for your organization.”Ron Fannin, Real Estate Program Manager, Federal Transit Administration
Recent Transit Projects:
Project Management Oversight on Federal Transit Major Capital Projects (PMOC):
- Subconsultant to Hill International, Inc.
- Subconsultant to KJM & Associates, Ltd.
- Subconsultant to The Shaw Group, Inc.
- Subconsultant to The Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
- Subconsultant to The Burns Group
- Subconsultant to Carter & Burgess, Inc.
- Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, Extension to Weihle Avenue, Northern Virginia
- Weber County, UT to Salt Lake City, UT Commuter Rail Transit Project (WSCRT)
- Mid Jordan Light Rail Extension, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), Major Capital Projects (FTA Region V) – The Brown Line
- Metropolitan Transit Development Board (MTDB, grantee) Major Capital Projects (FTA Region IX) – Mission Valley East projects and Mid-Coast Corridor, San Diego, CA
- North County Transit District (NCTD, Grantee) Major Capital Projects – Oceanside-Escondido, CA Rail project
- Minnesota Northstar (FTA Region V) – Hiawatha LRT and Metro North commuter rail lines, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC, grantee) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART, grantee), Texas
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas (METRO, Houston) Houston Metropolitan Area
- Central Phoenix, Arizona / East Valley Light Rail Transit
- Hampton Road Transit, Norfolk, Virginia
- Orlando, Florida Central Florida Commuter Rail Transit
- Programmatic Services – FTA Guidebook Drafts
- Guidelines for Property Acquisition, Relocation Assistance and Property Management
Acquisition and Relocation Assistance Services:
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Transit System, New Jersey Transit (NJT)
- MetroLink Airport Extension & St. Clair Extension Projects, St. Louis, MO
- Mass Transit Transfer Station Project - Akron Metro Regional Transit Authority
- Euclid Corridor Transportation Project (ECTP), Cleveland, OH - Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA)
- Triskett Garage Expansion Project, Lakewood, OH - GCRTA
- West 65th Street and Windermere Station Projects, Cleveland, OH - GCRTA
- Madison County Transit Center Project
- San Francisco, CA, Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
- Second Avenue Subway, Phase 1, Manhattan, NY - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
- East Side Access, Phase 1, Manhattan, NY - MTA
- 8th Street Extension, Bayonne, NJ - NJT
- Trans-Hudson Express Tunnel (THE) Project, Port Authority of NY & NJ
- Charlotte, NC South Corridor Light Rail System
- Euclid Corridor Improvement Study - GCRTA
- Charlotte, NC North Corridor Commuter Rail Project